Re: Suppressing useless wakeups in walreceiver

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Suppressing useless wakeups in walreceiver
Date: 2022-09-30 04:04:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 4:51 PM Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Thomas, are you planning to continue with this patch? If not, I don't mind
> picking it up.

Hi Nathan,

Please go ahead! One thing I had in my notes to check with this patch
is whether there might be a bug due to computing all times in
microseconds, but sleeping for a number of milliseconds without
rounding up (what I mean is that if it's trying to sleep for 900
microseconds, it might finish up sleeping for 0 milliseconds in a
tight loop a few times).