Re: Extension Enhancement: Buffer Invalidation in pg_buffercache

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Palak Chaturvedi <chaturvedipalak1911(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jim Nasby <jim(dot)nasby(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Nitin Jadhav <nitinjadhavpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Extension Enhancement: Buffer Invalidation in pg_buffercache
Date: 2024-02-26 22:41:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

[Sorry to those who received this message twice -- the first time got
bounced by the list because of a defunct email address in the CC
list.]

Here is a rebase of Palak's v2 patch. I didn't change anything except
for the required resource manager API change, a pgindent run, and
removal of a stray file, and there is still some feedback to be
addressed before we can get this in, but I wanted to fix the bitrot
and re-open this CF item because this is very useful work. It's
essential for testing the prefetching-related stuff happening in
various other threads, where you want to be able to get the buffer
pool into various interesting states.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Invalidate-Buffer-By-Bufnum.patch text/x-patch 6.3 KB