Re: [Patch] Add a reset_computed_values function in pg_stat_statements

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Pierre Ducroquet <p(dot)psql(at)pinaraf(dot)info>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Euler Taveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com(dot)br>
Subject: Re: [Patch] Add a reset_computed_values function in pg_stat_statements
Date: 2019-11-04 22:03:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 8:05 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> This patch seems to be failing the contrib build. Please fix.

Hi Pierre,

In contrib/pg_stat_statements/pg_stat_statements.c, you need to
declare or define entry_reset_computed() before you use it. I suppose
your compiler must be warning about that. I personally put
"COPT=-Wall -Werror" into src/Makefile.custom to make sure that I
don't miss any warnings. That's also what http://cfbot.cputube.org/
does (a thing that does a full check-world on all registered patches
to look for such problems).