From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Date: 2019-07-08 10:28:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 10:23 AM Petr Jelinek
<petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> As Andres has mentioned over at minimal decoding on standby thread [1],
> that functionality can be used to add simple worker which periodically
> synchronizes the slot state from the primary to a standby.
>
> Attached patch is rough implementation of such worker. It's nowhere near
> committable in the current state, it servers primarily two purposes - to
> have something over what we can agree on the approach (and if we do,
> serve as base for that) and to demonstrate that the patch in [1] can
> indeed be used for this functionality. All this means that this patch
> depends on the [1] to work.

Hi Petr,

Do I understand correctly that this depends on the "logical decoding
on standby" patch, but that isn't in the Commitfest? Seems like an
oversight, since that thread has a recently posted v11 patch that
applies OK, and there was recent review. You patches no longer apply
on top though. Would it make sense to post a patch set here including
logical-decoding-on-standby_v11.patch + your two patches (rebased),
since this is currently marked as "Needs review"?

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com