Re: Cleaning up threading code

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cleaning up threading code
Date: 2023-07-09 22:45:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks all for the reviews. I pushed the first two small patches.
Here is a new version of the main --disable-thread-safety removal
part, with these changes:

* fixed LDAP_LIBS_FE snafu reported by Peter E
* defined ENABLE_THREAD_SAFETY 1 in c.h, for the benefit of extensions
* defined ENABLE_THREAD_SAFETY 1 ecpg_config.h, for the benefit of ECPG clients
* added Heikki's doc change as a separate patch (with minor xml snafu fixed)

I'll follow up with a new version of the later pg_threads.h proposal
and responses to feedback on that after getting this basic clean-up
work in. Any other thoughts on this part?

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Remove-disable-thread-safety-and-related-code.patch text/x-patch 60.3 KB
v2-0002-Doc-Adjust-libpq-docs-about-thread-safety.patch text/x-patch 3.7 KB