Missing errcode() in ereport

From: Masahiko Sawada <masahiko(dot)sawada(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Missing errcode() in ereport
Date: 2020-03-17 08:37:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

In PageIsVerified() we report a WARNING as follows:

ereport(WARNING,
(ERRCODE_DATA_CORRUPTED,
errmsg("page verification failed, calculated checksum
%u but expected %u",
checksum, p->pd_checksum)));

However the error message won't have sql error code due to missing
errcode(). As far as I can see there are four places:

$ git grep "(ERRCODE" | grep -v errcode
contrib/adminpack/adminpack.c:
(ERRCODE_DUPLICATE_FILE,
contrib/adminpack/adminpack.c: (ERRCODE_DUPLICATE_FILE,
contrib/adminpack/adminpack.c:
(ERRCODE_UNDEFINED_FILE,
src/backend/storage/page/bufpage.c:
(ERRCODE_DATA_CORRUPTED,
src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_exec.c: else if
(ERRCODE_IS_CATEGORY(sqlerrstate) &&

Attached patch add errcode() to these places.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
add_errcode.patch application/octet-stream 1.5 KB