Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow external recovery_config_directory

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow external recovery_config_directory
Date: 2013-03-28 15:07:08
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On 28 March 2013 13:47, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com> wrote:

>> Therefore anybody using pg_basebackup and the config_file parameter
>> does *not* have an executable backup when used with the -R option, as
>> Heikki was suggesting was a requirement for this patch.
>

> That's not related to the -R option, the situation with config_file is the
> same with or without it.

Yes, it is related to -R. You said that with -R we are expecting to
have a fully executable backup, which won't happen because the config
files are missing.

That is the situation now and the fact the patch had the same issue is
not relevant. It's a pre-existing issue.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/