Re: PATCH: Spinlock Documentation

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Artem Luzyanin <lisyonok85(at)yahoo(dot)ca>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Spinlock Documentation
Date: 2015-04-20 16:23:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Artem Luzyanin <lisyonok85(at)yahoo(dot)ca> wrote:
> Thank you again for your feedback. I have improved the patch with your
> suggestions. Please let me know what you think and if I can do anything
> else.
>
> Current CommitFest link for this patch is:

Some review comments:

- The first hunk in s_lock.h touches only whitespace. Changing the
space to a tab on the "Usually" line would make sense for consistency,
but adding a trailing space to the "override them" line does not.

- As Tom basically said before, I think the "File layout" block
comment will just get out of date and be a maintenance annoyance to
future updaters of this file. It's not really that hard to see the
structure of the file just by going through it, so I don't think this
is worthwhile.

- Similarly, adding all of the "Currently implemented" lines looks
useless to me. Why can't somebody see that from just reading the code
itself?

Overall, I'm not seeing much point to this patch.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company