Re: Separate the result of \watch for each query execution (psql)

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Noboru Saito <noborusai(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Separate the result of \watch for each query execution (psql)
Date: 2022-04-05 15:53:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 21, 2022 at 9:15 PM Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
> On 2022-02-25 13:23:31 +0900, Noboru Saito wrote:
> > I have created a patch that allows you to turn it on and off in \pset.
>
> The patch unfortunately causes tests to fail:

It doesn't seem like the originally proposed design here will be
accepted. Perhaps a patch implementing what Tom proposed or some
variant of it will get accepted, but the only patch we have is now
more than 1 month old and has not been updated. I'm accordingly
marking this CommitFest entry "Returned with Feedback." If Noboru
Saito decides to update the patch with some new design, he can change
the status and move the patch forward to a future CommitFest.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com