Re: BUG #18362: unaccent rules and Old Greek text

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Cees van Zeeland <cees(dot)van(dot)zeeland(at)freedom(dot)nl>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18362: unaccent rules and Old Greek text
Date: 2024-05-15 13:41:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 3:01 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org> wrote:
> unaccent actually does both accent removal and ligature expansion.
> (This is documented.) The cases you show above are ligature expansions.

Ah. Searching the documentation of unaccent for the word ligature, I
found where this is mentioned. But at the top of the page, it says
only "unaccent is a text search dictionary that removes accents
(diacritic signs) from lexemes". Perhaps we should add a mention of
ligature expansion there as well.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com