Re: PATCH: optimized DROP of multiple tables within a transaction

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PATCH: optimized DROP of multiple tables within a transaction
Date: 2013-01-04 16:42:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz> wrote:
> I thought I followed the conding style - which guidelines have I broken?

+ /* If there are no non-local relations, then we're done. Release the memory
+ * and return. */

Multi-line comments should start with a line containing only /* and
end with a line containing only */.

+DropRelFileNodeAllBuffers(RelFileNodeBackend * rnodes, int nnodes)
and
+rnode_comparator(const void * p1, const void * p2)

The extra spaces after the asterisks should be removed.

+void smgrdounlinkall(SMgrRelation * rels, int nrels, bool isRedo)
+{

void should be on a line by itself.

Sorry to nitpick.

As for BSEARCH_LIMIT, I don't have a great idea - maybe just
DROP_RELATIONS_BSEARCH_LIMIT?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company