Re: PassDownLimitBound for ForeignScan/CustomScan

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
Cc: Jeevan Chalke <jeevan(dot)chalke(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: PassDownLimitBound for ForeignScan/CustomScan
Date: 2016-09-28 17:43:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 9:07 PM, Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com> wrote:
> It is because of just my time pressure around the patch submission days.
> I'll try to enhance postgres_fdw as a usage of this run-time optimization.

Time has (pretty much) expired for this CommitFest. In any case, this
will amount to a whole new patch, not just a rework of the current
one. So I'm going to mark this "Rejected" in the CommitFest, and I
suggest you start a new thread for the proposed approach if you get a
chance to work on it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company