Re: Page Scan Mode in Hash Index

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jesper Pedersen <jesper(dot)pedersen(at)redhat(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Page Scan Mode in Hash Index
Date: 2017-09-26 13:40:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 12:25 AM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I think your proposal makes sense. Your patch looks good but you
> might want to tweak the comments atop _hash_kill_items ("However,
> having pin on the overflow page doesn't guarantee that vacuum won't
> delete any items.). That part of the comment has been written to
> indicate that we have to check LSN in this function unconditonally.

OK, committed.

And I think that's the last of the hash index work. Thanks to Amit
Kapila, Ashutosh Sharma, Mithun Cy, Kuntal Ghosh, Jesper Pedersen, and
Dilip Kumar for all the patches and reviews and to Jeff Janes and
others for additional code review and testing!

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company