Re: Connection slots reserved for replication

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alexander Kukushkin <cyberdemn(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Oleksii Kliukin <alexk(at)hintbits(dot)com>, Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Connection slots reserved for replication
Date: 2019-01-15 20:21:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 6:36 AM Alexander Kukushkin <cyberdemn(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I was also thinking about changing the value in PG_CONTROL_VERSION,
> because we added the new field into the control file, but decided to
> leave this change to committer.

We typically omit catversion bumps from submitted patches to avoid
unnecessary conflicts, but I think PG_CONTROL_VERSION doesn't change
enough to cause a problem. Also, it's not date-dependent the way
catversion is. So I would include the bump in the patch, if it were
me.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company