Re: tableam vs. TOAST

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Prabhat Sahu <prabhat(dot)sahu(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tableam vs. TOAST
Date: 2019-12-18 16:37:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 4:12 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hearing no further comments, I went ahead and pushed 0002 today. That
> turned out to have a bug, so I pushed a fix for that. Hopefully the
> buildfarm will agree that it's fixed.
>
> Meanwhile, here are the remaining patches again, rebased over the bug fix.

OK, I've now pushed the last of the refactoring patches. Here are the
two main patches back, which are actually quite small, though the
second one looks bigger than it is because it moves a function from
detoast.c into heaptoast.c. This is slightly rebased again because the
other refactoring patch I just pushed had a couple of typos which I
fixed.

If nobody has further comments or objections, I plan to commit these
in early January.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
v11-0002-tableam-New-callback-relation_fetch_toast_slice.patch application/octet-stream 18.3 KB
v11-0001-tableam-Allow-choice-of-toast-AM.patch application/octet-stream 3.5 KB