Re: Website

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, "pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Website
Date: 2011-07-18 08:23:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
<jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

>> I don't really like it. Sure, it doesn't look monotone, but it doesn't
>> look good at all. It's just too much red.

Yeah, I'm afraid I don't like the red either.

> if we reduce borders, it shouldn't be to much (see P5)
> Dave, could you send me the elephant as a single picture - best would be the
> elephant and a transparent background?

Sorry, I don't have it. That came from a developer who is no longer
with the project.

> And the font of "pgAdmin" on the top. I could do a little bit more if i got
> these things.

No idea.

There's no reason either of those couldn't change though - I've wanted
a new splash screen for a while too.

>> You mean the red border or the shadow? Anyway, I don't like both. It
>> doesn't look good in a big monitor. I much prefer when the website take
>> all the space available.
>
> the 100% full space websites aren't  really common nowadays (see github.com,
> postgresql.org, and much much more), so i think we shouldn't keep it.
> you're right, the border doesn't look very well, it could be more elegant.

Having full width display is one of the changes that will almost
certainly be required in the next update to www.postgresql.org. Maybe
not 100%, but certainly variable.

--
Dave Page