selecting all tables with references

From: robert wing <wingairak(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: selecting all tables with references
Date: 2012-10-10 01:49:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,
Is there a feature in Postgres where we can perform a query that selects
all tables that reference a primary key?
For example if I have three tables b.main(k integer primary key, v
integer),
b.foo(k integer
primary key references b.main(k), v timestamp with time zone),
b.bar(k integer
primary key references b.main(k), v timestamp with time zone)
Currently I'm using a cascading type query but was curious if there was
way to perform queries using referenced keys.

The psuedo code would look something like: select all tables where
b.main.k is referenced.
The results would be rows/columns from b.main,b.foo,and b.bar.

I've searched through the Postgresql documentation, but didn't find the
solution I was looking for. Is there way to do this?

I posted this question on stackoverflow as well but received minimal
feedback, so thought I would try here as well. If interested the link is
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12808963/select-all-referenced-tables

Thanks,
Robert Wing