RE: Help

From: Ilan Fait <ilan(at)iweb(dot)com>
To: "'Jason Tishler'" <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Help
Date: 2001-06-13 14:29:49
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

Thank you for all the help until now. I will send a summary to
pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
when I succeed in creating a database on win 2000 O/S with the Cygwin.

Only to update you I reinstall all on my computer.

Running the commands id and pg_id I get

$ id
uid=1001(ilan) gid=513(None) groups=513(None)

But I can not create a db the error that I get
$ createdb iweb
psql: connectDBStart() -- connect() failed: No such file or directory
Is the postmaster running locally
and accepting connections on Unix socket '/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432'?
createdb: database creation failed

I can not start the postmaster I get .

$ postmaster
postmaster does not know where to find the database system data. You must
speci
fy the directory that contains the database system either by specifying the
-D i
nvocation option or by setting the PGDATA environment variable.

Best Regards,
Ilan