Re: [BUG] false positive in bt_index_check in case of short 4B varlena datum

From: "Andrey M(dot) Borodin" <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Zhilin <m(dot)zhilin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Yura Sokolov <y(dot)sokolov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: [BUG] false positive in bt_index_check in case of short 4B varlena datum
Date: 2024-01-23 18:09:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> On 20 Jan 2024, at 09:00, Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Alexander, do you plan to provide fixes for bugs you discovered?
>
> No, I don't have a concrete proposal how to fix those bugs. I'd thought
> that fixing the whole class of such anomalies, not only one case, is a good
> thing to do, but if it's too complicated, maybe other similar bugs could be
> put aside.

PFA draft fixes for both this errors. Alexander, Michael, Jian, what do you think?

I did not touch anything in first step - fix for original bug in this thread. However, I think that comments from Jian He worth incorporating into the fix.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-contrib-amcheck-must-support-different-header-siz.patch application/octet-stream 6.2 KB
v3-0003-amcheck-avoid-failing-on-oversized-tuples.patch application/octet-stream 6.3 KB
v3-0002-amcheck-prevent-false-positives-from-extended-dat.patch application/octet-stream 2.9 KB