Re: wxWidgets alert at start

From: Jyrki Wahlstedt <jwa(at)wahlstedt(dot)fi>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: wxWidgets alert at start
Date: 2007-08-04 07:21:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On 3.8.2007, at 0.15, Jyrki Wahlstedt wrote:

> I soon get used to the fact that I changed my subscriber email,
> setting it right helps in getting the message through. If this is a
> double, feel free to erase this (as always)!
>
> On 2.8.2007, at 23.20, Dave Page wrote:
>
>> Jyrki Wahlstedt wrote:
>>> Hmm, I'm not sure, whether the situation improved. What happens
>>> is that
>>> the app crashes twice. I wouldn't bet it is better :-)
>>
>> OK, last time I checked once an app had crashed it couldn't crash
>> again
>> unless it was restarted!! What happens *exactly*, including error
>> message text?

<a lot snipped>

Here's what I can do: in building the bundle I can replace the helper
apps (pg_dump, pg_dumpall, pg_restore) with symbolic links to the
respective apps in the postgresql82 port, as those apps are sure to
exist due to the dependency setting. I made that replacement
manually, and now pgAdmin starts ok. I don't like to mess with the
internals of an app, but I don't like crashing either:-) How does
that sound? It is relatively easy to write, and easy to remove, if
and when a solution is found to the problem.
PS It would help if someone else would try to use MacPorts, too, to
try to reproduce what I described in my previous messages, I would
like to be wrong (I've attached my Portfile).

Attachment Content-Type Size
Portfile application/octet-stream 1.8 KB