Problem with reinstall of PostgreSQL 8.3

From: Goutham Naval <gnaval(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with reinstall of PostgreSQL 8.3
Date: 2008-08-18 23:37:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I installed postgreSQL 8.3 on windows and changed few settings for ssl. After which I uninstalled it by executing the .msi file again. My intention was to reinstall from scratch, and unfortunately during the reinstall I am getting a error

'Invalid username specified: logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.'

I am providing valid windows user name and pwd.

How can I get past this issue, please help.

Thanks.
Be the filmmaker you always wanted to be—learn how to burn a DVD with Windows®.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588797/direct/01/