trouble connecting

From: "tgs" <tgstambaugh(at)q(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: trouble connecting
Date: 2009-07-20 17:38:12
Lists: pgsql-novice

Some additional information on my problem:

I did a complete uninstall of postgres 8.4, removed the user, cleaned
registry entries, deleted folders, etc, then reinstalled (for the third
time). I am now having an additional problem - when I start the postgres
service I get the message "server started and stopped'. I had this problem
after the initial installation but it seemed to go away for a few days. The
log entries look the same as in my first email. There is a bug report in
the bugs mailing list with this symptom (#4175) from 2008, but I find no

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Terry S. in AZ