ODBC and Access

From: Warren Craig <CWarren(at)iclretail(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC and Access
Date: 1998-11-17 16:36:57
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I am working on an existing Access application that currently links tables
to SQL Server. I have been trying to move the tables over to Postgresql. I
have created the tables and installed the OBDC driver on my WinNT
workstation. I can link to the tables and view one of the tables. When I
try an view the other table the postgres backend goes "Crazy" it uses all
the memory on the Linux box and my Access program just hangs. The only
thing that I can see that is different between the two tables is that the
table that won't work has multiple fields for a primary key ( 3 field make
up the primary key). If I run the select on the Linux box it works fine, so
I assuming that something is wrong with my ODBC setting. What is the best
config. for Linking tables in Access to a Postgres DB, the ODBC config and
Table config in Postgres? Any help would be appreciated.

Craig Warren
Work # (619) 458-5541
e-mail CWarren(at)iclretail(dot)com