Re: 10.6 Mac build - Intel only

From: Brian Hamlin <maplabs(at)light42(dot)com>
To: Brian Hamlin <maplabs(at)light42(dot)com>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 10.6 Mac build - Intel only
Date: 2012-05-31 04:26:58
Lists: psycopg

On May 30, 2012, at 8:51 PM, Brian Hamlin wrote:

> I have a Mac 10.6, and I just downloaded XCode 3.2 from Apple dev
> site.
> ** there is no custom install option in the XCode installer ** but
> I am looking
> at the package with Pacifist now.. Apparently Apple saw fit to
> remove ppc libs
>
> pointing to pg_config is easy, and that is done
>
> But how do I build psycopg2 without arch ppc ?

for the record..
(btw, searching briefly for archives of this mail list did find
anything obvious to me)
-------------------------------------
Mac OS X 10.6 on intel - Postgres 9.1 + lots of goodies from
KyngChaos..

Install XCode 3.2 from Apple Dev Center

sudo easy_install pip ## picks python 2.6 without aid

sudo ln -s /usr/local/pgsql-9.1/bin/pg_config /usr/bin/pg_config

sudo pip install psycopg2 ## <- gives a warning about arch ppc,
but **succeeds**

the psycopg2 version is very current too.. so I found a workaround..
but if someone knew how to build that would be handy..

thanks for an excellent tool
-Brian