Re: Compiling beta2 with openssl on XP Pro

From: "Tony and Bryn Reina" <reina_ga(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compiling beta2 with openssl on XP Pro
Date: 2004-09-02 14:34:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

> Presumably you need to quote that parameter --- certainly you would need
> to quote a semicolon in a Unix shell.
>
> configure --with-openssl
> '--with-includes=/usr/local/include;/usr/local/ssl/include' ...

configure --with-openssl --with-cassert --with-odbc
'--with-include=/usr/local/ssl/include;/usr/local/include'
'--with-libs=/usr/local/ssl/lib;/usr/local/lib'

Still no dice. It sends the switches fine, but still doesn't seem to be
looking in the second directory.
So zlib is not found since it's in /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib.
But if I do:

configure --with-cassert --with-odbc '--with-include=/usr/local/include'
'--with-libs=/usr/local/lib'

everything is fine for the configure script.

Just seems to neglect anything after the first additional directory.

-Tony

p.s. If I move the openssl and zlib to the same directory, the configure
bombs out on rand_win.c. This is the same problem that I posted last week
with beta1. Magnus said that the fix was a one-line change in openssl, but
didn't remember the change. Does anyone else know the fix? Thanks.