Backend crash

From: "angshumitra ghosh" <angshumitrag(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backend crash
Date: 2004-05-25 11:34:44
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

I am facing some problem while using postgres (version 7.3.1)

On trying to execute a psql command from the postges interactive terminal
as user 'test' (which exists in the pg database), pgsql seems to be
crashing.

The postmaster log file contains the following -
WARNING: ROLLBACK: no transaction in progress
FATAL: Password authentication failed for user "test"
LOG: fast shutdown request
LOG: shutting down
StreamConnection: accept() failed: Connection aborted

Can anyone please tell me why postmaster is shutting down ? What all
causes the SIGINT signal to be sent to postmaster that causes rollback of
open transactions and disconnection of open connections ?

Get a Citibank Home Loan now. http://go.msnserver.com/IN/49351.asp Build
with Citibank Home Loans.