8.1-407 JDBC driver issues

From: "lasitha weerasinghe" <lasitha_w(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 8.1-407 JDBC driver issues
Date: 2006-10-27 10:29:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm using postgresql 8.1-407 jdbc driver with postgresql 7.4.13 database and
it seems like there is an issue when the driver is used in jdbc
transactions. I'm using this version of the jdbc driver, cause I haven't
came across any fixes for the 8.1.4 security issuse for the 7.4.13 database
driver. I only noticed that the fix has been done for the v.8 drivers only.

But the problem i'm facing now is when i'm using statements in a transaction
(setting the connection.setAutoCommit(false)) some of the records doesn't go
to the database. This is not a frequent issue and also I have noticed couple
of times that if I try to add the same record again the db will throw
duplicate record exception even though the record is not there in the
database.

this is the code i'm using for JDBC transactions.

connection.setAutoCommit( false );
connection.setTransactionIsolation(Connection.TRANSACTION_SERIALIZABLE);
try {
// ... execute statements
connection.commit();
} catch (Exception e) {
logger.logError(e);
connection.rollback();
}

is anyone of you came across this problem and managed to find a solution?