Re: proposal - new SPI cursor function

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: proposal - new SPI cursor function
Date: 2007-01-03 19:39:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > I am working on support scrollable cursors in plpgpsm. Scrollable
>cursors
> > are in ToDo for plpgsql too. I need new function
> > SPI_cursor_fetch_with_direction(Portal portal, int direction, long
>count)
> > where is possible set direction of fetch statement.
>
>Sounds good.
>
>Please ensure the default for PL/pgSQL remains as non-scrollable. That
>may or may not be the same for plpgpsm.

Default plpgpsm cursors are non scrollable too. But I have to do two
patches. Syntax of declare section is total different. Between SQL/PSM and
plpgsql is only one big difference (in default values). SQL/PSM procedures
are flagged SECURITY DEFINER and plpgsql run wit default SECURITY CALLER.

Pavel

Chcete sdilet sve obrazky a hudbu s prateli? http://messenger.msn.cz/