returning from a trigger

From: "Luis Silva" <lfs12(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: returning from a trigger
Date: 2006-04-18 00:03:33
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi there! I'm having a big problem. I'm creating a pl/pgsql function and I
want my function to return one table that I've created, but that info is
created by me:

-->Table

CREATE TABLE returnfunc
(
error bool NOT NULL,
result text NOT NULL,
name text
)
WITHOUT OIDS;

-->Pl/pgsql func
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION validate(pub text)
RETURNS returnfunc AS
$BODY$
DECLARE
answer returnfunc
val_pub text;
asds Record;

BEGIN
val_priv:=$1;

EXECUTE 'SELECT count(*) FROM public_data WHERE
identity='||quote_literal(val_pub) INTO asds;

IF asds.count=0 THEN
answer.error='1';
answer.result='DIAMETER_ERROR_USER_UNKNOWN';
RETURN answer;
END IF;

RETURN NULL;
END;

the problem is that this is returning " (t,DIAMETER_ERROR_USER_UNKNOWN,) "
and I want to return this information in different columns, like when i'm
doing a select to the returnfunc. Is that possible? is there another away of
doing this? tks in advance