Re: PL/pgSQL RENAME functionality in TODOs

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: decibel(at)decibel(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/pgSQL RENAME functionality in TODOs
Date: 2007-02-02 17:03:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>But I think a way to get around that would be to RENAME the arguments in
>the DECLARE section, so user_id could become p_user_id under the covers.

It's one case. But I don't belive so result will be more readable. Better
solution is using names qualificated by function name. I am not sure if
plpgsql support it. I thing so Oracle support it and SQL/PSM support it too.

like:
create or replace function fx(a integer, b integer)
returns void as $$
declare la integer, lb integer;
begin
select into la, lb tab.a, tab.b
from tab
where tab.a = fx.a and tab.b = fx.b

I am sorry. I don't belive so using RENAME is better

>So perhaps there is still a point to RENAME after-all, at least for
>paramaters.
>--
>Jim Nasby jim(at)nasby(dot)net
>EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com 512.569.9461 (cell)