primary key and the default index operator class

From: "Sally Sally" <dedeb17(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: primary key and the default index operator class
Date: 2004-11-23 22:40:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am trying to figure out how I can change the default operator class of the
index created for my primary key field. Is it even possible since I am not
able to find the syntax?
Or do I need to create the primary key and then an additional index with the
operator class I want. (It would be a waste of space)
Thanks
Sally