Hi, I'm looking the best way of doing edition of relationship figure metadata at database designer

From: Luis Ochoa <ziul1979(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Subject: Hi, I'm looking the best way of doing edition of relationship figure metadata at database designer
Date: 2011-06-06 20:57:37
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

I'm finishing the first goal of my database designer improvement project
http://goo.gl/21rXu and now I'm adding a new metadata information to
relationship objects, with info about: match, on delete, on update and table
constraint name (for fk) as shown below:

REFERENCES reftable...column constraint....FOREIGN KEY ( column [, ... ] )
REFERENCES reftable [ ( refcolumn [, ... ] ) ] [ MATCH matchtype ] [ ON
DELETE action ] [ ON UPDATE action ] (table constraint)

There are plenty ways of doing this but I have thought about two:

1. Allow user with a right click menu over relationship object to select in
4 different options that allow modification of all this information, user
click at one item and then get a dialog or something like that to modify
what he wants.

2. Create a dialog that contains all this info in a single point, and then
allow user to invoke this with double click in relationship or just
selecting one option of right click menu for this purpose.

Any new ideas about how to do this?

I just want some feedback from community to select the best way of doing
this.

Regards, Luis.