Re: Introduction

From: Daniel Farina <daniel(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Shiv <rama(dot)theone(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Introduction
Date: 2011-04-27 20:44:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 11:20 PM, Shiv <rama(dot)theone(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Dear pgsql-hackers,
>  My name is Sivasankar Ramasubramanian (you can call me Shiv).

That's an awesome nickname.

> My project is aimed towards extending
> and hopefully improving upon pgtune. If any of you have some ideas or
> thoughts to share. I am all ears!!

That'd be awesome. Do you not have some ideas in mind? It seems like
in general it lacks a feedback mechanism to figure things out settings
from workloads, instead relying on Greg Smith's sizable experience to
do some arithmetic and get you off the ground in a number of common
cases.

--
fdr