OCR

From: ALT SHN <i(dot)geografica(at)alt-shn(dot)org>
To: grass-user(at)lists(dot)osgeo(dot)org, qgis-user(at)lists(dot)osgeo(dot)org, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: OCR
Date: 2011-05-04 09:18:06
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

This might seem a Little off topic, but maybe someone here can help me.

I need to extract toponomical data from old digitized paper maps. I wish to
explore *Optical character recognition (OCR).

Does anyone has a suggestion/experience with this kind of challenge?

Thank you,

André Mano
*
Associação Leonel Trindade
SOCIEDADE DE HISTÓRIA NATURAL

Apartado 25 2564-909 Torres Vedras Portugal
Sede e Biblioteca: rua Cavaleiros da Espora Dourada, 27A 2560 Torres Vedras

Laboratório de Paleontologia e Paleoecologia: Polígono Industrial do Alto do
Ameal 2565-641 Ramalhal
http://alt-shn.blogspot.com
www.alt-shn.org