Re: Installing via pip under Win7 + virtualenv + VC++2008

From: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stephen Lacy <slacy(at)slacy(dot)com>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installing via pip under Win7 + virtualenv + VC++2008
Date: 2011-06-03 18:18:49
Lists: psycopg

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Stephen Lacy <slacy(at)slacy(dot)com> wrote:
> Great, thanks.  I'm doing this now, and may just loop in jericso via github.
>  I suppose the recommended way of submitting a patch is to clone jericso's
> psycopg2 repo on github and submit a pull request?

I think Jason will want to catch up with my devel branch, so cloning
it would be ok.

I add a note: I am a little bit intimidated by the setup.py because I
don't know exactly the extent at which it has to produce its work: I
don't know for example what compilers we want to support. But it's
probably about time to make some decisions in order to cut dead
branches away. For me it would be ok to clean up the setup in order to
make it work with the sanest build configurations (in terms of
compiler used and way of linking libraries), and add back any of the
hacks only if/when required. Let's just decide what makes sense to
support. For this kind of decisions, posting on the list would be
perfect.

Thank you.

-- Daniele