Re: Update functions and trigger functions by clicking

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Vinicius Santos <vinicius(dot)santos(dot)lista(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Update functions and trigger functions by clicking
Date: 2011-05-27 07:57:01
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 1:57 AM, Vinicius Santos
<vinicius(dot)santos(dot)lista(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I implemented an option to update functions and trigger functions, by
> clicking on them in the treeview.
>
> This avoids problems when someone changes the function, and I get the old
> version and then overwrite it, without reminding me from updating (F5)
> before.
>
> I did a checkbox in the form of options.
>
> This would be useful for everyone?

Certainly interested to see it, though we may not want to apply it as
is to avoid inconsistent behaviour between different object types on
the treeview that may end up confusing people.

What I'd really like to see is an option which enables on-selection
refreshing for all object types.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com