problem with getting return type mismatch from function

From: "Jackson, Harold" <harold(dot)jackson(at)attws(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: problem with getting return type mismatch from function
Date: 2003-12-18 02:44:06
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi,
I'm having a problem with a function that I'm trying to create. I
created a data type that is composed of fields from 2 different tables.
When I create SQL functions this seems to work just fine. However,
when I try to use this data type in a plpgsql function, I get the error
message
" return type mismatch in function returning tuple at or near
"type_name"". No way is what I created a tuple. We're running
PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on Red Hat Linux. Any ideas?

Harold A. Jackson

DBA

NDCO

AT&T Wireless Services