Re: FAQ -- Index usage/speed

From: Thomas F(dot)O'Connell <tfo(at)sitening(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FAQ -- Index usage/speed
Date: 2004-08-31 19:12:30
Lists: pgsql-docs

I thought about that, and it seems like the upgrade path from 7.x ->
8.x is going to be slower than among any of the 7.x releases. 8.0 is
still several months away and it will probably be several months more
before people who are affected by this issue in production databases.

The other thing I thought about was a caveat in the 7.x documentation
under indexes, as it doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere. That would
keep it off the general FAQ but let folks using 7.x releases know about
it.

-tfo