Re: PGCon 2008 RFP

From: Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
To: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PGCon 2008 RFP
Date: 2008-12-28 20:07:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Dec 28, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Robert Bernier wrote:

> On Saturday 27 December 2008 19:15:02 Josh Berkus wrote:
> > > What do you think about the idea of standardizing all presentation
> > > slides and documentation?
> >
> > If you mean requiring everyone to use the same slide template, I'm
> very
> > opposed to it.
> Since the advantages are self-evident, can you explain to me the
> advantages of "not" standardizing?

- having to create the standard (time)
- ensuring the standard works with all the options people want to use
for creating slides
- what happens if you present with non-standard slides

It's asking PGCon to do more work. It means the presenters have to do
more work.

I'm not sure of the benefits. And it takes time away from the core
conference operations.

--
Dan Langille
http://langille.org/