BLOBs and a virtual file system

From: Peter Martini <PeterM(at)processflo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BLOBs and a virtual file system
Date: 2004-06-23 15:21:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Lately I've been planning work on a patch to postgres and linux on my
system to allow access to BLOBs as a virtual filesystem, so I can see
any file I put in there even through network shares while avoiding
duplication / broken link issues. Does this sound like something worth
doing / is there a better way to safely reference files from both inside
and outside postgres?