On Jun 27, 2008, at 18:22, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> Please find attached a patch adding a locale-aware, case-insensitive
> text type, called citext, as a contrib module.
Here is a new version of the patch, with the following changes:
* Fixed formatting to be more like core.
* Added appropriate NEGATORs to operators.
* Removed NEGATOR from the || operator.
* Added hash index function and operator class.
* The = operator now supports HASHES and MERGES.
* citext_cmp and citextcmp both return int32.
* Changed // comments to /* comments */.
* Added test confirming láska'::citext <> 'laská'::citext.
* A few other organizational, formatting, and pasto fixes.
* Updated the FAQ entry on case-insensitive queries to recommend
citext (it would, of course, need to be translated).
Stuff I was asked about but didn't change:
* citext_cmp() still uses varstr_cmp() instead of strncmp(). When I
tried the latter, everything seemed to be equivalent.
* citext_smaller() and citext_larger() don't have memory leaks, says
Tom, so I added no calls to PG_FREE_IF_COPY().
Thank you everyone for your feedback and suggestions!
In response to
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: H.Harada||Date: 2008-07-06 08:39:11|
|Subject: Re: introduction of WIP window function patch|
|Previous:||From: Tom Lane||Date: 2008-07-06 05:29:42|
|Subject: Re: CommitFest rules |