Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: rod(at)iol(dot)ie, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements
Date: 2010-09-14 16:29:07
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-www

On 14 September 2010 17:16, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> wrote:
>> I think a consensus needs to be reached on what you guys want
>> changing.  Implementing changes isn't a problem, it's what changes
>> should be implemented.  Whatever is decided, it needs to be easy to
>> visually scan the page and its sections, clean and consistent.
>
> It seems like you're giving up just when we've just about got
> consensus.  Please don't.

No, not at all. :) I'm just suggesting that rather than people
making a suggestion, and me going ahead and putting that change in
straight away (like I have been doing), it should have the support of
more than a single person first, otherwise there'll be lots of
tweaking and un-tweaking without any real agreement.

If you wish to go ahead with what we've currently got, I'll create
another patch for Magnus to stage, otherwise what requires changing
needs to be decided.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion