install instructions

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: install instructions
Date: 2010-08-28 01:37:08
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Over the last couple of days, Dave Page has been kind enough to talk
me through getting a development environment set up today on both
MacOS X and Windows, which was a challenge for me because I am
basically a Linux geek, not to mention a console geek. It turns out
that we had to work around a few problems that were not mentioned in
the INSTALL file, so I thought maybe the attached patch to that file
would be helpful to the next person in a similar situation.

The strangest thing that we ran into was that the build-wxmsw.bat
script simply didn't work. At first it didn't work because I didn't
run it from the directory that it lives in (which is the only place
from which it can be expected to work), but even after I figured out
that problem it just spewed errors when trying to convert the project
files. Dave recommended the alternate method documented here.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgadmin-install.patch application/octet-stream 3.3 KB