Re: ms-access tables relationships question

From: Mike Toews <mwtoews(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "G(dot) Allegri" <giohappy(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ms-access tables relationships question
Date: 2010-09-15 14:23:50
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Giovanni,

MS Access does not import anything to Relationships. Only the basic
table schema is visible in MS Access, such as ODBC-interpreted data
types and primary key(s) (visible with the key logos in read-only
Design view).

When you link a table into Access, you can only do basic INSERT,
UPDATE, and DELETE operations. If you change your source table schema
(e.g., change a data type, rename/add/delete a column), then you need
to update the linked table using the Linked Table Manager tool. You
can add/edit your Relationships without any modification to the source
database.

-Mike