Re: What Linux edition we should chose?

From: Schwaighofer Clemens <clemens(dot)schwaighofer(at)tequila(dot)jp>
To: Nilesh Govindarajan <lists(at)itech7(dot)com>
Cc: Michal Szymanski <dyrex(at)poczta(dot)onet(dot)pl>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What Linux edition we should chose?
Date: 2010-06-01 02:33:51
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 11:30, Nilesh Govindarajan <lists(at)itech7(dot)com> wrote:
> Nope; you're wrong. Even RPM doesn't remove the data. But its always
> safer to keep a backup.

I am not talking about removing the data I am talking of not beeing
able to access it because the database itself is still in the old
version.

Unless you use the migrate script, which just started to appear, you
had to dump the data, to the rpm upgrade and import the data.

I really prefer the debian way where I can run them parallel and
therefore test everything before I do a switchover.

--
★ Clemens 呉 Schwaighofer
★ IT Engineer/Web Producer/Planning

This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which
it is addressed and contains valuable business information that is
privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
Please notify us immediately of the error via e-mail to
disclaimer(at)tbwaworld(dot)com and please delete the e-mail from your system, retaining no copies in any media.
We appreciate your cooperation.