DROP CONSTRAINT... CASCADE seems to be broken. Bug?

From: Eric Ongerth <ericongerth(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DROP CONSTRAINT... CASCADE seems to be broken. Bug?
Date: 2011-01-01 17:37:47
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello, this is my first post about pgAdmin III. I searched the archives
here but the keywords DROP, CONSTRAINT, CASCADE are all so common that I was
unable to determine whether this is a known bug. Also it does not appear on
the known-issues list that I could see.

- Platform I'm running on: Windows 7 32-bit
- Language: English
- Distribution you used (source tarball, or binary): Windows 7 32-bit
binary
- Version I'm using: 1.12.0

The issue: there's no crash. But right-clicking any constraint and choosing
Drop Cascaded appears to be incorrectly implemented. I get an error window
that reports that there are dependencies and suggesting that I need to use
DROP...CASCADE instead. The report reads exactly as if I had used Drop.
But I used Drop Cascaded!

I can open the SQL window and write my own command:
ALTER TABLE tablename DROP CONSTRAINT constraint_name CASCADE;

This of course works perfectly. So maybe there is just a simple error
somewhere in pgAdmin III's implementation of the DROP...CASCADE action via
the right-click context menu on constraints?

Thanks,
Eric