Skip site navigation (1) Skip section navigation (2)

Re: do we need to postpone beta4?

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: do we need to postpone beta4?
Date: 2010-07-27 19:34:45
Message-ID: (view raw, whole thread or download thread mbox)
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>> I think we should consider postponing beta4.  I count eleven
>> non-documentation, 9.0-specific bug fix on REL9_0_STABLE, but there
>> are currently five items on the open 9.0 issues list, at least one of
>> which appears to be a new bug in 9.0, and we just got a bug report on
>> pgsql-bugs from Valentine Gogichashvili complaining of what looks to
>> be a crasher in the redo path for heap_xlog_update().  It seems
>> unlikely at this point that we can have all of these issues fixed and
>> still have time for a full buildfarm cycle before the wrap.  Does it
>> make sense to put out a beta with known bugs (presumably requiring
>> another beta) at this point, or should we push this off a bit?
> If we don't wrap a beta this week, the next possible window is several
> weeks away, because various people will be on vacation.  So I think we
> should get the existing fixes out there, even if there are known bugs
> remaining.  A beta is not an RC.

Well, that's pretty much saying we won't release before September.
Which is kind of a bummer, but I guess that's what happens when we get
into vacation season.

Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

In response to


pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Robert HaasDate: 2010-07-27 19:36:48
Subject: Re: ALTER TABLE ... DISABLE TRIGGER vs. AccessExclusiveLock
Previous:From: Tom LaneDate: 2010-07-27 19:17:29
Subject: Re: git config

Privacy Policy | About PostgreSQL
Copyright © 1996-2017 The PostgreSQL Global Development Group