Re: OT: OFF TOPIC: returning multiple result sets from a stored procedure

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: John Adams <john_adams_mail(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: OT: OFF TOPIC: returning multiple result sets from a stored procedure
Date: 2010-09-06 07:07:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2010/9/3 John Adams <john_adams_mail(at)yahoo(dot)com>:
> OT:
>
> OFF TOPIC:
>
> I honestly do not mean any offence, just out of curiosity.
>
> If you guys care about money and time why would you spend the best years of
> your life basically copying commercial products for free? Because for a
> person with higher than average IQ far less than one percent of any program
> is creative and needs some thinking and the bulk of it is just a million
> stupid details.
>
> I just don't follow/understand your thinking. Maybe I am naïve.
>
> I do not have experience with open source and I kind of thought open source
> guys do not need or care about money and time.

The work on PostgreSQL is adventure, and very good experience, very
good school for me. It's job only for people who like programming, who
like hacking, it isn't job for people, who go to office on 8 hours.
Next I use PostgreSQL for my job - and hacking on PostgreSQL put me a
perfect knowledge, perfect contacts to developers, and I can work
together with best programmers on planet. and I can create some good
things. Probably if I work on commercial projects I can have a better
money - but life is only one, and money is important, but not on top
for me - life have to be adventure!

Regards

Pavel Stehule