Re: copy_from does not stop reading after an error

From: Nicolas Grilly <nicolas(at)gardentechno(dot)com>
To: Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Federico Di Gregorio <federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it>, psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: copy_from does not stop reading after an error
Date: 2011-02-08 12:38:20
Lists: psycopg

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 13:30, Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Yeah, seems your analysis is right and it's libpq (design?) bug,
> so no way to work around it.

Nice to know that my analysis is right... but eventually it is a bad news
because the only way to fix the issue is to split input data into many
chunks or to directly modify libpq... By the way, I have posted my analysis
to pgsql-hackers and asked what the list thinks about modify pqParseInput to
handle this case. But I have never posted to this list before so I don't
know what is the good way to ask for feedback.

Nicolas Grilly