Re: BUG #5685: Installer Error

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: quiksilver5646(at)hotmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5685: Installer Error
Date: 2010-09-30 20:04:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 6:41 PM, <quiksilver5646(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Script output:
>  CScript Error: Can't find script engine "VBScript" for script "C:\Documents
> and Settings\Keenan\Local
> Settings\Temp\postgresql_installer\installruntimes.vbs".

Thanks for the logs. The output above tells me that the VBscript
interpreter on your machine is broken somehow. Google has a bunch of
hits for that error message, most of which suggest you can often fix
it by clicking Start -> Run, and then entering and running the
following:

regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\vbscript.dll

You should see a messagebox which says something like:

DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded.

If that fails, try updating the script interpretor to the latest
version - eg. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&displaylang=en

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com